Code Of Conduct
The Gateway Bicycle Hub strives to maintain a safe and positive environment for volunteers, staff, and shop users, where everyone can feel welcomed and respected. We will not tolerate harassment of or by staff members, volunteers, or shop users under any circumstances.
The Gateway Bicycles Hub is a space free of oppressive behaviour, aggression, intimidation, offensive or discriminatory language, exclusion and marginalisation. The includes discrimination on the basis of race/ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender presentation, gender identity, age, cognitive or physical ability, economic/social class, physical appearance, or religion/creed.
Discrimination can occur wherever it is not consciously challenged. Each person is accountable for their own language and behaviour. If behaviour is observed that is not in accordance with these guidelines, individuals may be asked to leave.
Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to any of the above listed attributes, and deliberate intimidation, stalking, harassing photography or recording, or inappropriate physical contact.
For all users:
- Respect physical and emotional boundaries, opinions, beliefs, and differing points of view.
- Use appropriate and respectful language at all times.
- Be responsible for your own actions and safety and the safety of those around you.
- Ask for help if you need it. There is no shame in asking.
- Close-toe shoes must be worn
- Dangerous or improper use of tools will be stopped
- Power tools are only to be used under the supervision of a staff member and only while using appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Tools and supplies must be put back in their designated place
This Code of Conduct was made in good faith to the best of our ability, and we welcome any and all criticism of it or suggestions for improvement.
If you feel uncomfortable because of something that happened at the Gateway Bicycle Hub, or if you witness a violation of this policy, please report the incident to your manager or another staff member.